Tips for planning your trip to Kauai
You can hear stories and browse through pictures, but nothing really prepares you for the thrills and awe of Kauai. Kauai is truly a natural beauty with various astonishing features; beautiful flowers on the Island, blue waters, sea cliffs, and several other amazing sights and attractions. Choose from countless Kauai deep sea fishing tours, snorkeling tours, sunset tours, hiking tours, kayak tours just to name a few the popular tours you will find on Kauai. Taking a trip to Kauai is a once in a lifetime opportunity very few people get, and if you do, it is a guarantee that you will never forget the experience.
There are a thousand and one reasons to visit this beautiful Island. Whether it is because you just got married to the love of your life and you want to explore this location for a breathtaking honeymoon, or you are one of the many fascinated with deep sea fishing, or you are a tourist seeking amazing wonders of the world, you would have an amazing experience on this Island. Whatever the reason for planning that trip, it is all worth the time and effort. What you should focus on is how you are going to get the experience of a lifetime. There are several contributing factors that determine how great of a time you are going to have.
Factors that can influence your Kauai experience
- Weather. Quite obviously the most important factor that can determine if you will be indoors on the Island or out exploring. The rainy season on the island is not pleasant at all. When planning your trip, you should pay attention to the weather season and if it will be favorable for visits.
- Natural Disasters. Nobody wants to experience a natural disaster. Disasters like Flooding and landslides can be absolutely devastating, so before you make that trip to Kauai, ensure the climate condition is favorable and there isn’t any danger of a natural disaster occurring.
If you are one of the people planning to visit this beautiful island, but you have no idea how to go about it. You don’t need to worry, I’ve got you. Before you visit Kauai, you need to be equipped with some specific information that will help to positively boost your Kauai experience.
I have compiled a list of important points to note when planning that trip to Kauai just so you have an unforgettable experience.
- Knowing the most appropriate time to visit.
It is important to plan your trip according to the most weather-friendly season. Typically, April to June just before summer is the best time to go. You will enjoy the warm weather, scanty population, and have an amazing experience. September to November is also another amazing time to visit this Island so as to just escape the rainy season. Kauai gets a lot of rain during the rainy season and so going during the rainy season will hinder the entire Island experience.
- Plan for your Accommodation
In terms of accommodation, you should plan ahead where you will stay on this beautiful island. Kauai offers a variety of accommodation options, which include; Hotels, condos, resorts, b&bs, inns, and so on. It all depends on your budget. If you are the type that loves exclusivity, as I do, you may decide to stay far away at a cabin in Kokee state park. There are several accommodation guides that could help you make your selection.
- Research Activities to engage in
Knowing what you want to do when you are going somewhere is just as important as knowing where to go. There are many reasons people travel to Kauai. If you are going for tourism purposes or for a honeymoon, then it is important to plan out the activities you want to do before you actually travel. There are a variety of activities you can engage in, from sightseeing to deep sea fishing, you can never run out of options.
- Get important details about Kauai
When visiting Kauai, especially for the first time, it is important to always do proper research to get an idea of the layout of the land. Details like most accessible roads, best beaches, best hiking locations, etc, are important if you are traveling for vacation and details like expert fishing charters if you are going for deep sea fishing.
- Pack light and smart. When planning a trip to Kauai, it is pertinent you get all the clothing and equipment necessary to accommodate the weather. But also do not pack heavy. Heavy packing might slow you down and hinder your amazing island experience. You can find a balance between packing light and smart by knowing the activities you plan to engage in on the Island and the equipment you are going to need.